Saturday 15 May 2010

Large scale print test

When the latest design first printed out, I really liked it as a whole and I had printed it onto a slightly lighter weight stock than the normal matt as it needed to be folded four times. However, the more I looked at it, the more I didn't like the choice of blue as it had come out at a lighter tone that I didn't want. This will need to be changed, as well as the body text. First of all it doesn't need to be that big, so the point size can be decreased, and I had reservations about layering it on top of the blue type, which hasn't worked effectively either. I could alter the opacity of the blue type, but I really don't want to, as that is the impact statement on the page. Therefore the column positioning will be altered.























The main problem I encountered was the stock. Even with a slightly thinner paper, it still wasn't thin enough to fold neatly. The paper got creased and wouldn't close properly as it was too stiff, so this is something I need to keep exploring.

No comments:

Post a Comment