Friday 14 May 2010

Development

From the crit, the majority preferred my large fold out design and the layout when opened up. I liked the idea of it being a square to move away from the obvious A2/A3 sizes. Here was the original rough design idea:









The postcard designs were also a popular idea, so I am combining them into the design idea on the inside of the front cover. A simple pocket like I previously designed would not work as they would just fall out when the supplement was opened, so I need to either attach them for the reader to tear off, or put them in a sealed pocket.

Here are the initial digital net designs for this supplement:















I liked the use of duotone imagery but the opening designs don't seem to have a continuous style that flows through each unfold. I also began to think why the Cockney rhyming supplement was green, as London is far from being green. So this is the point where I really want to nail the flow of the layout and colours.















This softer look on the opening pages looks a lot more fitting with the inside design now. The photograph now being in the top left also works better on the eye with a much easier grid. The previous layout looked a little confused. However I like the layered look, but I'm not sure the dictionary body text will be readable over the 'EAR' type. Time to print and see what needs to be altered.

No comments:

Post a Comment