Saturday 20 March 2010

Type workshop 9

This was a fun exercise in which I actually took a lot from it too. We began by looking at magazine grids as shapes and played around with colour.

If a magazine was to look approachable, then this is how I imagine it to be; a two column, lightweight text so it doesn't look too difficult to read, with a large image at the bottom and a simple bold title:






















Intense grid:





















Creative:





















Relaxed:





















(may be difficult to see on screen)


We then looked at how difficult colour is to use when involving it with type. We tried, what I thought was going to be, a simple hierarchy task of choosing which bit of information I wanted people to read first and picking a colour that would help that to stand out, then choosing a less intense colour as I went down the hierarchy. It proved to be very difficult!

No comments:

Post a Comment