Wednesday 17 March 2010

Type layout

To take to the crit, we decided to go with the 'Get in on the Act' line and I carried on playing around with where it might sit on the page with the image that Charlotte designed. I tested it in red, black and blue and went with the Helvetica Bold typeface for now, just to show as a test piece. The experiments are below:



I was continuously thinking about the context in which these designs would be found and we had already decided that we wanted it to be seen in a music magazine, or a free tube magazine/newspaper, so i thought about designing it as an advertising poster with an interactive element to it. The design below would be the front, acting as a statement page. This design will be what is used then across all media. We aim for it to be seen on the side of buses, in the tube stations etc.




















This extra design below I came up with to act as the informative side to the magazine advert. The idea being that it would have a perforated line to be able to tear it out and take with you to use as directions to the exhibition.

Another plus to actually visiting the exhibition was that we knew how it was laid out inside, so I used that map from how we'd remembered it as the design on this side.



















I played around with it for some time, so I hope it gets its use in the final resolutions as I am quite pleased with it. Here are some of its colour development below:

No comments:

Post a Comment