Tuesday 23 November 2010

I began working on silhouette images from my animal photographs, but I came to a standstill when I realised I didn't have enough well known animals to put on each letter they begin with, and if I just placed them anywhere and there was a lion on the letter P, for example, then people would probably wonder why.










Images on every letter would also look quite busy on the signs so I tried to just have the odd few dotted about but I really don't think I should go any further with this idea. I don't feel as comfortable focusing on the imagery and it definitely shows. I think I need to work more closely on the type and find a simpler way to make the typeface work, rather than just sticking images onto it. Definitely a lot more work to be done.

Another idea I had was to re-create the zebra pattern on the lettering, so maybe that will be more successful.


No comments:

Post a Comment