Friday 19 November 2010

Foiling

Today was a very long day, but well worth it in the end. I printed out my 21 cover designs onto the black card with a laser printer, so that even though the ink was only just visible to the eye, the heat on the foiling machine picks up the laser ink and transfers the foil where the ink sits on the page. I took my designs to the print room and got going on choosing the colour foils. I decided, after my last session, that I wanted each hotel to have its own colour to separate it from the others and produce a range, but the stock, design and shire hotel logo would all remain the same to keep it as a set. I chose 7 colours that I thought were suitable for a restaurant environment and that would stand out against the black stock.

Chosen foils ready to go:




I found it amazing how such fine lines and detail had been picked up and transferred. These are what the foil strips looked like after printing with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment