Sunday 7 February 2010

Final 5 idents...

Overall I am pretty pleased with my final idents. They may not be as complex or stand out as much as others I have seen (many people have achieved this brief at an amazing standard and I could definitely imagine their idents being played on the TV) but I am satisfied with myself for understanding and remembering the knowledge, tips, shortcuts within software, basic technical skills etc. that I have picked up throughout this module. Never in a million years did I think I was capable of getting my head round and designing for motion graphics but I thoroughly enjoyed it...despite the late nights in the mac suites towards the end!

I particularly like the ribbon movement that I managed to achieve in the second of my idents, based on learning bit by bit from my notes taken in the software workshops. This is by far the most difficult thing that I designed within them and took the most time to set out the path for it to move along, having to alter the shape of it everytime the angle changed. I made use of the different camera angles and the 3D tools within the software for all idents as well as experimenting with adding keyframes and transforming using rotation, scale, position etc. My strongest for technical competence would have to be ident 2, but my favourite that I think links in with the Rom Com theme and would probably look the most realistic as an ident would be ident 1. The still images from the films don't look as motionless as they are springing towards you out of the box. It's a simple idea but I took my inspiration from Love Actually's opening DVD menu and it was the first one I completed so left me very excited about what was actually possible with the software.

1.


2.


3.


4.


5.

No comments:

Post a Comment