Friday 26 February 2010

Business cards

In our latest typography session, we were practising designing business cards. To begin with we were given a specific job each. I was given 'House Removal' so had to choose a font that best fit the job. This was my simple design below:














We then had to start thinking seriously about designing our own business card, taking into consideration the layout, colours and typography to give out the right impression of ourselves and be remembered. For example, do we want to look cheap, expensive, arrogant, professional, friendly, formal, informal etc.
These are my initial ideas, playing around with layout and simple shapes and colours:
























































Here is my chosen design for now showing three different typefaces:




























I really enjoyed experimenting with simple layout, colour and type and will continue to develop something that really nails who I am as a designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment