Friday 16 April 2010

Product - Range - Distribution

The outlining brief:





















To prepare for the second part of Design Practice 2, I began to reflect over the year and think about my strengths, weaknesses and areas of design that I want to work on. This new brief is an opportunity to show how my skills have progressed so I am very much looking forward to getting started. I've worked with print based briefs, digital, typography, competition briefs and more self directed briefs, so where do I comfortably sit? What have I yet to try? What do I never want to work on ever again?

I began to read over the choice of briefs provided as a starting point to rule out options and narrow down my interests. They are going to act as a professional framework for a personal brief so I chose 5, but all for different reasons. The whole brief may not be perfect to my design practice and what I want to get out of a 5 week brief, so I have picked out areas that stand out to me on each one.






















Typography based
Postcard designs
Cultural























Typographic
Type as image
Cultural research
Typical phrases in everyday language
Open to working across a range of media























Typographic
Promotional materials
Editorial design option























Typography based
Environmental type
Photography
Information graphics piece























Re-designing a supplement's campaign
Promotional design
Typographic
Editorial design based

No comments:

Post a Comment