Tuesday 26 January 2010

Considering type..

I have been experimenting with what typefaces to use on my idents by looking at the ones used on opening title sequences of my chosen films (see my design context blog). However, I think instead of my initial idea, which was to use the relevant typefaces for each film meaning there would be upto 7 different typefaces throughout one ident, I am going to choose just one that I think sums up the romantic comedy theme and use the same one throughout. This will link in each frame better, make it look less jumbled and will be another common element that will link all 5 idents together as a set.

With this being said, I considered a few various typefaces to see which one was the most suitable and asked people within my target audience sector which grabbed them the most.











Bradley Hand ITC TT Bold












Perpetua Titling MT











Helvetica bold


This handwritten style typeface, Bradley Hand ITC TT Bold, was used in the Bridget Jones Diary title sequence and proved to be the most popular one to use throughout my idents. I am happy with this decision because I am not actually including the Bridget Jones films in the rom-com season promotion, so it's a neutral one to have chosen and seems to suit all chosen film titles effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment