Wednesday 4 November 2009

What is Good Action Plan

Latest thoughts:
Any designs made from this point forward need to coincide with designs of existing products in my chosen context (relaxation and health & fitness spas). This I need to always keep in mind so that all designs are relevant.
-Keep it simplistic, but stay away from 'bland'
- Don't over complicate
- Black & white or simple use of colour - keeps it cheap for print and matches simple but effective designs in that market.
- Keep the health message strong when designing - don't stray away.

Crit Feedback:
Generally, all aspects to the development of this brief was on track; problem analysis, use of research, design development etc were all 'Good' or 'Very Good' on my formative feedback sheet. Technical competence wasn't as highly marked due to me being at the design development stage, but I know thinking about printing processes and resolving & presenting solutions will be demonstrated as I progress to the end.
Tips from my group included more colour experiments and relate the message on the packaging more directly towards the original concept statement - Laughter is good for your health


Less than 3 weeks to go... Action Plan

*Introduce colour & substrate ideas for designs
*Play around with more adventurous but relevant CD packages - do mock ups
*Research further into health packaging to know my competition
*Draw up a questionnaire to ask my target audience
*Get a deeper understanding of successful type layouts for packaging
*Produce design boards with research & development process shown


DO NOT FORGET:
The importance of the concept, audience and context.

No comments:

Post a Comment