Friday 20 November 2009

Mock ups

I didn't know which style of CD packaging to go with, so I have made mini mock-ups of my strongest three and written the pros and cons for each.

The classic cut-out sleeve























Pros
- Simple
- Shows a bit of the product through the packaging so people know exactly what they're buying
- Cheap to produce & commercially print
Cons
- Not very experimental, after all my research and development, it seems the 'easy way out'.
- Wouldn't stand out on display - I want it to be different.


The box case























Pros
- Neat, simplistic, clean-cut
- Fits in with the market and other competition
- Easy to make
- Easy to handle/open
Cons
- Could be mistaken for any other health product
- Seen as dull/boring/regular?
- I wanted my packaging to reflect laughter and it being an unusual form of fitness but I don't know if this does that


The fold-out packaging



































Pros
- Exciting way to unveil the CD
- Different - makes people curious
- Opens up to reveal health facts in a clever way so there's minimal type on the front to match the simplistic style of health/relaxation packaging
Cons
- It doesn't close properly so would need some sort of seal to stop it popping open
- It's relevant to the laughter theme, but is it relevant to target market - do they care how it opens?
- Difficult to produce quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment